Wednesday, November 14, 2007

{Christmas Thyme}


I Love this card! This was inspired by another card made with the same layout, but slightly different stamps and different colors and papers. I've used the Peaceful Wishes set here and then the Warm Words for the sentiment. We don't often think of stamping on patterned paper, but it's quite a cool effect, especially when done with an opaque ink like Stampin Up's Whisper White and then embossed. I've embossed with white detail and glitter here, so the pine boughs are subtly shimmering.


The papers are from Stampin Up's Holiday Thyme collection, available only until Dec 15th and at 15% off retail at that. They are double sided and so gorgeous! What do you think?


It's always fun for me to get out the patterned papers and see all the different creations my students come up with, using this card as a base inspiration. Tui always distresses and changes up the colors, others tend to go more monochromatic, Anabel always adds a truckload of glitter, and Janine always leans towards a more masculine feel. I am so blessed to have such inspiring ladies around me. And blessed to have ladies who put up with me and my crazy ideas!!

No comments: