Monday, March 31, 2008

{Easter Biscuit Jars}




Well, the promised peeps never arrived . . . still I have not yet received them! So we modified the project and came up with a good alternative. I'm sure you've all done this kind of thing - layering the ingredients and then attaching the finishing recipe.


We had fun crushing and pounding that night! Tui swiped a stamp set from elsewhere and ended up making something totally different, which is her style. My version here is rather ho-hum, but I think everyone else's turned out really great. But this is the general idea anyway.


I took mine to a lady named Margaret. The story is: I was looking all over the place for inexpensive canning jars for this class. My good friend from church suggested I look in the paper, which I did and was so lucky to find Margaret selling the jars for 30 cents. I sent my husband over to get them, and he came back just gushing about how wonderful Margaret and her husband were and that I really needed to go and visit them. I'm not particularly shy, but that did seem a bit overly-overt to pop in and visit someone because they sold you some jars out of trade and exchange.


So on Easter evening, we were driving back from a wonderful musical presentation, and I still had this Easter cookie jar in my hands, so we decided to actually stop in at this couple's house and give them back one of the jars and show them what I did with them. And wow, were they so warm and nice! I felt like my girls just met Grandma! I have never met two people so kind, friendly, and inviting in my life. Goes to show, blessings are all around and come in the most unusual ways.


I have since had a call from Margaret, and I think we shall be friends for a good long time.

No comments: