Wednesday, January 16, 2008


I have missed writing on here, so this is just a small update.

I've been busy cleaning out my house, room by room. About 1/3 done . . . my craft room alone took four days. and my children's rooms took seven garbage bags. How sad! Ah, well, something always gives in life and for me it's been the housework in the last year.

So last night we had an nontraditional class, more of a party, really. I had my living room covered in my off-casts from my craft room. We played three games and had one card challenge.

For the challenge, I gave each guest a bag of my stamped scraps and let them make something. Oh, the complaining!!I let my two youngest daughters pick the winner, and Nadine who used a butterfly image, won the show. Appropriately, she won Reason To Smile, a hostess set featuring a butterfly! Nobody wanted to take any of the leftovers home, and some even left their works or art behind. Now that's never happened before . . .

We also played a technique matching game, which Rachael won hands down. Those who have attended my classes for a long while were at an advantage on that one. Rachael won a $10 gift voucher.

Next we did a silly party game where we passed around a goody bag with a silly story. Anne-Marie got that little prize.

And last, I stamped out a sheet of paper with various images from various stamp sets. Name the stamp set. It proved to be quite difficult. Many were glad Tui was not there to compete with them. Eventually I gave everyone a catty to look at. Rachael beat the clock on that one and won a treat pouch with Jolly Ranchers. Wasn't she so nice to share with everyone?

No comments: