Tuesday, February 19, 2008

{My Valentine's Day}




I got such nice feedback from some of my ladies about the reaction of the recipients of their altered heart boxes! It's those kinds of things that make all our time ane efforts worth it.

I made mine to give to Tui, my dear friend and a special member of my Stampin Up! team. She gives of her time and talents to everyone around her so cheerfully. We all love her so much.

I made this box with her in mind, that's why mine was a bit more girly. We filled it with some of her favorite things - pumpkin seeds, butterscotch chips, cranberries, cashew, yogurt covered raisns, and my special Christmas cookies (that are carefully rationed and a top secret recipe. Only clever ones can figure it out with the first bite. If you join my team, I'll make you some. :) I also added two ghiradelli chocolates that were sent over from my friend, Melinda, as a gift to me for Christmas. I decided she woudn't mind if I shared a couple with Tui!

I had my three daughters make Tui some cards, as you can see. Madeleine fussed and fiddled, as is her style and it took her several hours to put her creation together. Kjirsti whipped hers up and stuck a "Tui" bird from the Loves Me papers on the front. Sofie carefully wrote out a special message with a lift-up flap inside her card. Can you read what she wrote?? Under the flap she's written "I love you" in the tiniest of letters.

I got a 90 minute massage as a gift, so I was happy about that!

No comments: