Monday, February 11, 2008

{Altered Heart Box}





Oh, I love these papers! With such a good mix, you can get either bold and fun or fun and chocolately . . .

We altered these cool heart boxes without much fiddling - it was easier than it looks - this week. We've used the Loves Me papers from the Summer Mini Catalogue, and even altered them a bit. The stamp set is called Love Matters, which is a gorgous set, particularly this Friends one on the top of my sample. It's designed for lots of embellishment possibilities. This is a huge set of 12 for 63.95 - only 5.33 per stamp!! Loves Me Designer Series paper is a set of 12 double sided scrapbooking papers for only 19.95 - also a very good value.

I must ethically note that the heart brad used here is not Stampin Up!, but a non-brand of eyelet that I have lots of in my stash. I thought they were perfect for this project and now they are nearly used up, so mission accomplished!

Now I was so surprised the ladies didn't make more pink boxes, but then realized quickly that was because they were making them for guys! Here are some photos of what the Monday class came up with. I'm curious to hear about how they were received and what treasures they put inside. . . .

I made mine more girly and put Friends on top because I made this box for someone in particular (not my husband - for some reason he's not particularly thrilled to get class leftovers).

1 comment:

Diane said...

Yum I Love it my favourie shape favourie paper and of course favourite samp set totally gorgous girly glamour