Tuesday, October 2, 2007

{Happy Together}




This is my second version of Jacob's Ladder/Hidden Panel card. I like both, but this one strucky my fancy the most this week, so we did this one in my weekly class. The color combination is slightly unusual, but I like it. Stampin Up has their colors organized into four color families, and any combinations within those families are guaranteed to look great (makes it so easy!), but you get some really striking color combos when you mix colors from different families, as in this example. It's my own opinion, but "I" think that it's the colors that make the difference between a good project and a WOW project.


The flowers are from the fun set called Both Way Blossoms. We watercolored them in using our ink pads and a watercolor brush, very easy and fast. The Basic Black ink used here is waterproof when used on Whisper White card, so we didn't even have to emboss. Just stamp, swish on some quick ink from the lid of our ink pads, and done! Oh, well, we did add some Dazzling Diamonds glitter.


Love the linen thread, my newest little fetish. Natural, fine, but a little distressed looking. cool.

No comments: